As unorthodox as it sounds in the middle of winter, I had a huge craving for ice cream the other day, giving me the perfect excuse to pull out my seldom-used ice cream maker!
How I became the owner of said ice cream maker is kind of a funny story. To sum it up I accidentally bought $60 worth of bids on that Quibids site while trying to figure out what it was, almost immediately after that I had won a gigantic 5 gallon crock-pot and an ice cream maker. Of course I got excited and became slightly obsessed with the site because I had won two useless things that where worth more than the 60 bones I had put down unintentionally. All of my other bidding attempts where useless so all I’m stuck with two giant appliances that don’t fit in my crappy little kitchen. See kind of funny, also stay away from Quibids.
Anyways, back to ice cream! This recipe is vegan because all I had for liquid was almond milk, but don’t let that turn you off it’s really quite tasty! I got the recipe here.
Chocolate Almond Milk Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 heaping tablespoons chocolate cocoa
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- In a microwaveable bowl or cup whisk 1/2 cup almond milk with the chocolate cocoa and sugar until fully incorporated. Microwave for 40 seconds and then stir.
- Place bananas plus the remainder of the almond milk into a blender along with the cocoa mixture and puree for about 10 seconds.
- Place mixture in the ice cream maker and process for 20 minutes or until thick.
- Serve right away or store in the freezer for later use or to firm up a bit more if desired.